I drew this late last year with a black Inktense pencil, and used the Scanner Pro app to bring it into the iPad. From that app I took it into the iPad’s photo section, and from there into the Procreate app. That’s where I tidied up around the edges of the scanned image, and then dabbed in some colour (freehand) using the artist crayon, coloured charcoal, and the ink bleed pen.
Recently I looked at it again and decided to print it. I thought the yellow areas were a little dull, and so I painted in some more colour with the Gesinski ink (and I think a little of the turpentine media) in Procreate. You can see this in the video further along. There’s a pic of these flowers before I added in more colour, in a gallery of images in a previous post.
If I print onto a watercolour or drawing paper (inkjet paper is made to better receive the printing inks) I usually have to saturate the colour (and sometimes adjust the contrast…) a little in the editing part of the iPad’s photo section. This also helps keeps the print in line with how I see the colours and contrasts on the iPad screen. I may not bother to do this if I intend to add more art media to to the printed image. I’m learning as I go along, through lots of trial and error (and most importantly) through play. 🙂 *Please tap on a pic, to enlarge them both.
It’s so interesting to see how each type of paper: watercolour, drawing, or the various inkjet papers I use, give their own unique character to the print.
I first purchased an iPad about 5yrs ago, and still marvel at the all the creative opportunities it has made possible. Not only for my adventures in iPad art, but also for printing it, and making “reproductive” prints of my traditional artworks; as well as for building this website, blogging…and so on – rarely use a computer. I began with a iPad mini, and now use an iPad Air 2; very soon will be using an iPad 10.5 Pro – exciting! Tried the apple pencil – excellent, but I’m happy enough to draw on the screen with my finger. 🙂 *Only four more flowers to go in this series…then I think I’ll start another one.
I began with watercolour on paper, then whisked away some areas with the eraser set on Gesinski ink, in the Procreate app. Ideally more white paper should be left showing in the first place! I also dabbed on a bit more colour here and there, while in the app. I think my tinkering with it successfully conquered the muddiness – though the flowing look is interruped a bit by the eraser, hmmm… Nevertheless, happy enough with it to have printed it onto Canson 220 drawing paper – came up quite well.
A while back, I painted this in an app called, “Art Rage”. I’ve printed it onto a lovely %100 cotton paper, and added it to my art I have for sale in my local area. Also, I’ll soon have some art, perhaps a few small pencil and watercolour artworks, but mostly prints, available for purchase via my “Shop” page – there’s already some info on this page. I so enjoy that I’m able to make my own iPad art prints, and reproductive prints.
Thought I’d try out the WordPress “Simple” payment system, which uses Paypal. Recently this was even further simplified – great job WordPress! As for promoting my art for sale, not my forte…. so just as well it’s more a fun adventure, than a serious business venture!
I do have a RedBubble shop – though this online “print on demand” selling option has it’s limitations. I have a few notes and a info link about it on my Shop page.
I began this with graphite pencil and watercolour on paper, then with the “Scanner Pro” app brought it into the iPad. I had not left enough white on the flowers, so in the “Procreate” app I lifted some whites out (freehand) with the eraser. Also added a little more colour here and there before printing it. Unfortunately the original watercolour on paper didn’t finish up as well as this one. Though I’m not altogether happy with this either. I need to loosen up with watercolour washes; and learn to leave more white paper showing! Always something to learn.
Below are a smattering of works I’ve been doing lately – more info on the captions. Then there’s a quick drawing video of the face I did, shown here in the prints, in the fifth image along. *Please tap on an image, to enlarge them all.
I used a walnut brown watersoluble pencil for this drawing. And did a little more work on it in the “Procreate” app.
Added colour (freehand) to this pencil drawing in the Procreate app. On the print I put a touch of colour pencil on it. I’ll probably put more colour on it in the app too.
I love how the scan picked up the texture of the watercolour paper. Have printed it back onto watercolour paper to try some different watercolour finishes. Hopefully I won’t overdo it!
I drew these pears in “Procreate”. Used the “Nicko Rull” paint again. Love the shape of the line this paintbrush makes, reminds me of linocut lines. Printed them on a card template in the “Pages” app, with info printed on the back. Added some watercolour to the prints.
I drew this face with the “Nicko Rull” paint in “Procreate. Adding watercolour to the prints. I left it with an unfinished look in the app, Wanted to finish it on paper. See process video below.
A quick pencil sketch I did in one of my sketch books. I scanned it in to work on further as per the next pic.
After scanning it in added a bit more pencil in”Procreate. This is it printed; with colour pencil and mat varnish on the print.
When I scanned this watercolour in, I lightened it overall in iPhotos…still too muddy looking. Hmm, may be able to rescue it on a print.
As always, thankful to God† for all my art opportunities.