iPad and Traditional Art Mix

Print of a painting of a woman
Hand painted in “Art Set Pro”. Then on this print, I added a bit of graphite pencil.

Back here after a long, lovely Summer break – family time, housework, art – all mingled well together, mostly does! Spent some time, whizzing about with: watercolour, coloured pencil, a bit of gouache and acrylic paint – and drew and and painted on my iPad. In my gallery below, I’ve added some media information on the captions.

Continued on with my experiments in mixed media: a work begun on paper, taken into an art app, worked on further, printed…adding more media on the print. Or begun a work in an art app, and finished it with traditional media on the print…and so forth. I didn’t do as much straight forward traditional media art as I thought I would. Got side tracked, with using my new “beaut” – as an Aussie, seemed just the right word – printer.

There’s more info, on my “Printing iPad Art” page, particularly in the section: “About prints I make at home”. The new printer takes thicker inkjet paper, and I really enjoyed trying out various beautiful papers: Bockingford inkjet watercolour 190gsm, Bamboo 170gsm,  Canson Rag Photographique 210gsm, Hahnemuhle Fine Art paper, Epson matte heavy weight 167gsm, Epson Archival Matte  189gsm… *To enlarge them all, please tap on an image. 

Each type of paper  (love paper!) makes a difference to the final look. I’m still getting to know what suits a particulary image – a lot to do with what contrasts, colours, and mood I want to emphasise.  I also bought some A3 paper, for my out sourced laser prints – called, Colour Copy silk finish, 200gsm, made by Mondi. Lovely look and feel to it.

Mixing up the media in the one image is a lot of fun; and fun I think, is an important element in all creative processes. Perhaps, I need to add a bit more of a smile to some of the faces I draw!

Thanks for visiting. 🙂

“Creativity” – an Illustrated Poem

An illustrated poem

I wrote this poem, many years ago…..

When I first got an iPad (a few years back), I put this poem with part of a painting I did in the “Art Set Pro” app. I only recently rediscovered it. The other day I decided to draw a yellow line, in the gap between the heading, and the first line, using the “artist” crayon from the “Procreate” app. The gap was a design element which I didn’t like. I think this is an improvement. *Just noticed recently, I missed putting in an apostrophe in between the “r” and the “s” on the word “Maker’s”! Oh dear, and I’m such a stickler for the correct use of apostrophes. 

Not sure now, in which app I typed up the text (there’s been few I’ve tried for a similiar purpose)  – I think it was in “Phonto” – which is so handy, and easy to use.

Thank you for visiting.